Daniel P. Crozet
November 8 - December 3, 2006
Daniel P. Crozet was born in 1947 in France.
He has worked for XEROX for more than 30 years. After numerous assignments in France and in Europe he came to Rochester, NY in 1994. He is currently VP Marketing Distribution and Support for Xerox Developing Markets Operations.
Crozet became interested in taking pictures when he was a teenager, learning photography by experimenting and improving with trial and error practice. He has recently moved to digital photography.
The show that he is presenting at the Image City Photography Gallery covers themes ranging from classical pictures and portraits to powerful abstract creations in color and Black and white.
“I have given the show the title “Stories” because I am trying to make pictures that tell a story to people when they see them, I am inviting the visitors to enter into the world of my pictures by feeling free to develop an individual interpretation and imagining their own stories before they read the title that I have given to the pictures” said Crozet before the opening of the show.
Many of the pictures in the show will be exhibited in Mexico this December.
Daniel's Artist Statement
I enjoy this first opportunity to be exhibited and to know how others appreciate my work.
I am trying to make pictures that tell a story to people when they see them,
I invite you to enter into the world of my pictures by feeling free to develop an individual interpretation and imagining your own stories before you read the title that I have given to the pictures.
Thank you for visiting the show.
Daniel P. CROZET
Remarks and Comments that I have heard or read and that could apply to my Work and Myself:
- “ Photography: to reveal new visual realities ……”
- “ If you think of color as recording a scene, we could say that black and white interprets ……”
- “ I became interested in photography as a teenager, in other words a long time ago ….”
- “ I am a self taught photographer, experimenting and improving with trial and error practice ….”
- “ I like cooking ”
- “ I learned photography by using an all manual camera and developing and printing my black and white pictures ….”
- “ I work on a “hodge-podge” of themes ….”
- “ I have the luxury to take photographs only for myself ….”
- “ I live in Rochester NY ….”
- “ I have never been a person who works in terms of project. Whatever grabs my eye and I find interesting, I’ll photograph …..”
- “ When I photograph, I feel relaxed and have few worries. I do not make it for a living, so I feel freer than someone on assignment, I’ll loose creativity that way…..”
- “ I work for Xerox ….”
- “ My approach to both shooting and post shooting work is to keep it as simple as possible ….”
- “ I am not a gear carrier ….”
- “ Digital photography has opened new creative doors …”
- “ I can experiment a lot more with digital ….”
- “ I use Photoshop to work with the images, not to altering them ….”
- “ Sometimes I build the image at the same time I process it ….”
- “ My measure of success is how the image makes me feel ….”